Day One: Empty gallery. I started with the far corner. It offered the perfect sightline for articulating a sense of distance. Perfect—except for the bench. My first order of business was to smother the bench with looped so the angular lines would disappear. I didn’t know quite what to do, but I came prepared with enough hardware to figure out something. I settled on “free form weaving” an armature using vine-covered wire that I tossed into myu backpack at the last minute. I tied twine clusters to the armature, creating variegated layers. Not bad for jumpstarting my engine. I’ll think about tomorrow—well, tomorrow.